MRC Trainer T4B for Braces Clear or Blue Stage 2
To Be used with Brace, Corrects jaw alignment during braces
For Children 8-12 Year
Corrects jaw alignment during braces.
The Trainer for Braces 2 (T4B2™) shares many features common in the Braces System that improve the comfort and effectiveness of braces, while the T4B2™’s firm construction and high sides make it ideal for cases where upper-jaw development is required. It's also suitable for class II correction in conjunction with fixed orthodontics.
Design characteristics of the T4B2™
- Jaw Positioning - Correct jaw position is produced when in place.
- Aerofoil-shaped Splint - reduces TMJ symptoms by decompressing the temporo-mandibular joints.
- Braces Channels - accommodate brackets and orthodontic archwire, and protect cheeks and gums.
- Tongue Tag - for the correct positioning of the tongue.
- Tongue guard - stops tongue thrusting when in place and encourages nose breathing.
- Lip bumpers - discourage overactive lip muscle activity, which can cause discomfort while wearing braces.
- Higher sides - for improved habit correction and better retention.
- Robust construction - increases jaw development.
Use with fixed orthodontics cases that require further arch expansion.
Works in Conjunction With Fixed orthodontics Lingua™
Braces are still the most effective way of straightening teeth; however, they do not address many of the problems causing the crooked teeth. Most orthodontic problems, particularly crowded teeth and an under developed lower jaw, are caused by habits such as mouth breathing and tongue thrusting. If these habits are not corrected, treatment time in retainers will be increased and once they are removed the teeth can crowd up again (know as relapse). Relapse can occur even with the best retainers.
Correcting these habits with MRC’s appliances allows braces to work more efficiently by reducing the pressure of the tongue, cheeks and lips against the braces. Once these bad habits are improved, more stable results can be achieved in less time.
How the T4B2™ works
The T4B2™ is thicker and higher than the T4B™ making it a more robust appliance specific for treatment of Class II cases before and during fixed orthodontic treatment. The appliance's upper bracket channel and extended height locks over braces for excellent retention and it can be used if lower braces are fitted. Myofunctional habits associated with Class II malocclusion are treated by the T4B2™ pre-moulded in edge-to-edge/ class I further assists the correction of class II malocclusion. Base extends to cover second molars.
The T4B2™ is best suited for patients in fixed braces with evident soft tissue dysfunction (i.e. tongue thrust, mouth breathing and incorrect swallow), who have moderate to severe malocclusion, and an underdeveloped upper arch.
It is suitable for assisting in closing an open bite while in fixed orthodontics and improving case stability.
Direction for use
The T4B2™ must be worn for 1 hour each day and overnight while sleeping and always remember to follow these few simple steps:
• Lips together - at all times except when speaking.
• Breathe through the nose - to assist the development of the upper and lower jaws, and to achieve the correct bite.
• No lip activity when swallowing - which allows the front teeth to develop correctly.
Cleaning the T4B2™
The T4B2™ should be clean under warm running water every time the patient removes it from their mouth. Use Myoclean™ tablets to correctly clean twice a week. Myoclean™ is the recommended cleaning agent for MRC's appliances.